Pinterest had grown quickly, thanks to its lovely design and the ease with which users can share delightful images. People who want to pin text, links, or other nonimages have been out of luck, but Pinstamatic is a sweet Web app that powers up Pinterest. Here's how it works:
- Log in to Pinterest.
- Point your browser to Pinstamatic.
- Select an icon from the top: Sticky, Spotify, Quote, Twitter, Calendar, and Location.
- Enter info like text, URL, or Spotify track, then click "Preview." Pinstamatic will create an image containing your info.
- If you like how it looks, click "Pin." You're taken to your Pinterest page, where you should see the image you just created and a short, editable message related to your post.
- Add or subtract details to the caption, then click "Pin."
Pinstamatic is simple to use and adds some great functions to Pinterest. Check out Sharon Vaknin's "Seven essential tricks for Pinterest power users" to learn more. You can also clean up your Pinterest stream by hiding comments and even view Facebook photos Pinterest-style.