They say we should keep our friends close and our frenemies closer, but sometimes, despite our best efforts, we lose a Facebook friend. It can be handy (or infuriating) to know for sure who's left the fold, and until now, there was no good way to figure out who had dropped us. For now, though, if you jump on the new Timeline feature, you can figure it out pretty easily. Here's how:
- First, get access to the new Timeline feature. It takes a wee bit of effort, but it's mostly just clicking.
- Next, select one year of your Facebook life.
- One of the factoids is the number of friends you connected with that year. Click it to bring up a list of names.
- Scan the list--anyone with an "Add Friend" icon next to their name should come off of your holiday list (or maybe get added to the list of those you need to woo and flatter back into submission).
- Repeat steps 2-4 for other years, if you can handle the stress.
I would be shocked if Facebook doesn't see this as a glitch and fix it soon, so don't file this one away to do later.